My name is Aaron Priven, and welcome to my Web site.
May 2005 brings the most significant change to my web site since it was founded over ten years ago. I am introducing my new blog, Write Only Memory, at its new site at http://www.writeonlymemory.com. If blogs had been invented in 1994, I might have started this site as one instead. As it stands, I am moving a number of the shorter pieces to the blog site, where they seem to fit well. The www.priven.com/aaron site will continue to exist for longer pieces, pieces I expect to update occasionally, and other things that don't work in the blog format.
The purpose of my Web site is to be:
- an avenue of personal expression
- a mooring point for the mothball fleet of my ideas
- a place to put my résumé where someday somebody might see it
- a high-tech method of "acting out"
Items located here:
- Tell your fortune with Aaron's Fortune-Telling Program!
- My house after the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake.
- Why beige is the color of evil.
- My senior thesis: "Urban Husbandry and New Urbanism: Two Alternatives to Sprawl."
- Physical Planning on the Campus. I wrote this paper for credit when I was an intern with the Student Union Assembly, UCSC's campuswide undergraduate student government.
- Various photos of my Oct. 2002 trip across the U.S. and my 2005 trip to Kings Canyon and Sequoia national parks.
More about me:
- My bio
- My résumé
- My self-portrait
- My old e-mail addresses
- Places I have lived
- About my B.A. in Modern Society and Social Thought
- Links to organizations with which I have been affiliated, past and present
If you're looking for something else that used it be here, it's probably moved to my blog. I have a list of blog entries that used to be on the web site.